Paruppu keerai/keerai kootu is a simple and delicious kootu can be prepared in no time. You can make this kootu with any keerai. Here I used spinach/pasalai keerai for this recipe.
- 1/2 cup – Split red gram/thuvaram paruppu/Toor dhal
- 2 cup – Spinach (chopped finely)
- 5 nos – Sambar onion
- 5 pieces – Tomato
- 1 clove – Garlic (chopped)
- 1 no – Green chillies
- 1 tsp – Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
- Salt as needed
- 2 tsp – Oil
- 1/4 tsp – Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp – Split black gram
- 2 nos – Dry red chilli
- 1 pinch – Asafoetida
- Pressure cook all the items given in the ingredients list except salt with enough water for upto 4 whistles(number of whistle depends on the cooker you use) or until well cooked. Set aside.
- Once cooled, open the pressure cooker and add required salt to it. Season with items given for seasoning.
- Paruppu keerai is ready and now serve with white rice.