Pomegranate juice is made from the fruit of the pomegranate. It is used in cooking both as a fresh juice and as a concentrated syrup, particularly in Persian cuisine. A glass (250 ml / 8 oz.) of pomegranate juice provides approximately 50% of an adult's recommended daily allowance (RDA) of the vitamins A, C and E, folic acid, and potassium.
- 1 no – Pomegranate
- 1 tbsp – Lemon juice
- 2 tsp – Sugar (as needed)
- 1/4 cup – Ice cubes (as needed)
- Cut and seed the pomegranate. Wash the seeds thoroughly and pass them through a juicer. If required, strain the juice.
- Stir in the sugar and lemon juice. Place ice cubes in serving glasses and pour the juice over the cubes.
- Healthy pomegranate juice with lemon is ready. Serve immediately.