Rose pudding is a soft and refreshing dessert prepared with rose syrup, milk, and agar agar / china grass. It was on my wishlist for a very long time and finally it happened today. It was really delicious and everyone loved it.
Serves 4 to 5
- 2 cups – Milk
- 10 grams – Agar agar / china grass
- 1 tbsp – Rose syrup
- 1/4 cup – Sugar
- Water as needed (approximately 1/4 cup)
- Soak agar agar / china grass in a warm water (just enough to soak) for 10 to 15 mins.
- Meanwhile add milk and sugar in a pan, mix well and bring it to boil, simmer for 10 mins. Switch off the stove and allow it to cool. Add rose syrup and mix well. Keep it aside until use.
- Now bring soaked agar agar / china grass along with water and cook until agar agar dissolves completely, switch off the stove.
- Pour agar agar mixture thorough strainer in to the prepared rose milk. Mix well thoroughly and immediately pour this mixture to a large pan or individual cups.
- Place it in a refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours or until it completely sets. Cut it into squares or diamonds and serve.
- You may increase or decrease the quantity of sugar as per your taste. 1/4 cup of sugar was just perfect for my pudding. Also remember that rose syrup already has sugar in it.
- After adding agar agar mixture to the milk, mix well thoroughly and immediately transfer to the mold for a setting.
- You may either use a large pan or individual cups to set your pudding.