Eggless muffin prepared with pureed banana and chocolate chips, which was very spongy and yummy. I prepared this muffin for a potluck and it was a big hit among kids.
Yields 12 muffins
- 3 nos – Bananas ( nicely ripe, also i used del monte variety)
- 1/4 cup – Semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups - All purpose flour
- 3/4 cup – Sugar
- 1/2 cup – Melted butter (at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup – Walnuts (chopped)
- 1 tsp - Baking powder
- 1 tsp - Baking soda
- 1 tsp - Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp – Salt
- Take a mixing bowl, add peeled banana and mash it nicely with a fork like a puree. Add sugar, melted butter, vanilla essence and mix well thoroughly. Set this mixture aside.
- In another bowl, sieve all purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda all together and mix well thoroughly. Set this mixture aside.
- Now mix wet ingredients over dry ingredients so as to incorporate well. Do not over mix. Finally add chopped walnuts and salt to it, gently fold it.
- Preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C. Meanwhile take muffin tray and place muffin cups in it if using one. Fill muffin cups with 3/4 full of batter and continue the same process with the rest of the batter. Finally sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Bake it for 20 to 30 mins or until slightly golden brown on top. You can check it by inserting tooth pick, it should come out clean. For me it took 25 mins to cook. Allow muffins to cool in the pan at least 10 minutes before removing them. Eggless banana chocolate chip muffin is ready.
- If you prefer you can mix chocolate chips in the batter itself instead of sprinkling on top.
- I used del monte variety banana in this recipe. In India you can use pachai vazhaipazham (banana with green skin).
- Do not over bake muffins otherwise it will become stiff and you lose its flavor.
- You can replace regular sugar with our brown sugar or jaggery.
- If you prefer you can add chopped almonds along with walnuts.