It is Christmas time and holiday season too. Baked goodies are always best to celebrate Christmas and holidays. I was waiting to bake eggless chocolate chip cookies for long time and finally i did it. It came out very well and i could feel the exact taste of store bought chocolate chip cookies.
- 1 1/2 cups – All purpose flour
- 1 cup – Semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup – Sugar
- 1/2 cup – Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup – Butter (at room temperature)
- 1/3 cup (5tbsp+1tsp) – Buttermilk
- 1 tsp – Vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp – Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp – Salt
- Mix all purpose flour, baking soda and salt together, set it aside.
- Take a mixing bowl, add butter, white sugar and brown sugar, mix well together. Then add vanilla essence and buttermilk to it, mix well until they are creamy.
- Now add flour mixture to the butter mixture and fold it. Finally add chocolate chips and gently mix it like a smooth dough. Refrigerate the cookie dough for 1 hour.
- Make lemon sized balls out of the dough, place them on a butter paper lined baking tray, making sure they are evenly spaced and have room to spread.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C, flatten each ball slightly with your finger. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Look out for browning at the sides and bottom of the cookies.
Remove the cookies carefully from the paper and place on wire rack, let it cool completely. Store it in an airtight container.
- You can also add chopped walnuts or raisins if you like.
- if you want bit thicker cookies then slightly flatten them. Cooking time will also differ for thicker cookies like 20 to 25 mins. But i preferred thin cookies so made it like this, which also takes less time to cook.
- Do not over bake cookies because it will become harder and also tastes bitter. So keep watching for cookies to brown after 10 mins.
- Do not crowd the baking sheet, cookies should have enough space to spread so leave atleast 2 inch space between cookies.
- My cookies were ready in 12-13 mins. After the first 10 mins of baking, rotate the baking sheet and bake for 2-3 more mins to ensure uniform browning. I got 22 big size cookies from the above recipe.
- You can store these cookies in an airtight container for 2-3 weeks at room temperature.