Simple stir fry prepared with beans in a freshly ground masala which goes well with white rice and rasam.
- 2 cups – Beans (finely chopped)
- Salt as needed
- 1 tsp – Cumin seeds
- 2 nos – Dry red chillies (as needed)
- 2 tsp – Oil
- 1/4 tsp – Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp – Split black gram / ulunthu
- 4 or 5 nos – Curry leaves
- 1 pinch – Asafoetida
- Dry grind cumin seeds and dry red chillies in a mixer grinder to a coarse powder. Set it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, season with items given in the list for seasoning. Add chopped beans along with little salt, saute for few seconds. Cover with lid and cook until they are 1/2 done. If needed sprinkle little water and cook.
- Add ground masala powder to it and saute for few seconds. Allow them to cook until raw smell of masala goes and beans is completely cooked. Simple beans stir fry is ready and serve with white rice.
- Dry grind cumin seeds and dry red chillies to a coarse powder not fine powder.
- If you want you can add chopped onion after seasoning is done.