Celery has become a common household staple along with carrots, onions and potatoes. Its crunchy texture and distinctive flavor makes it a popular addition to salads and many cooked dishes. Celery is rich in vitamin C and it is used in weight-loss diets, where it provides low-calorie dietary fibre. Celery soup is also called as weight loss soup. Here comes healthy soup.
- 2 tbsp – Celery (chopped finely)
- 2 tbsp – Carrot (chopped finely)
- 2 tbsp – Celery (for grinding)
- 1 no – Garlic (for grinding)
- 1/4 tsp – Oregano and dried basil leaves
- 1 or 2 tsp – Tomato sauce
- 1 tsp – Butter
- 3 cups – water
- Salt and pepper powder as needed
- Grind celery and garlic given for grinding to a smooth paste, set aside.
- Heat butter in a pan, add chopped celery and carrot one after another and saute for 1 or 2 mins.
- Pour in 3 cups of water and bring it to boil. Then add ground celery garlic paste along with oregano and basil leaves, salt and pepper powder, cook until raw smell goes.
- Finally add tomato sauce and cook for another 5 mins or until soup reaches desired consistency. Serve hot with bread toast.