Cucumber sandwich, which is very simple but yummy, kids will love for sure. Every morning, we struggle to plan kids lunch box for a fuzzy eaters. Cucumber sandwich is one which takes very less time to prepare and tasty too.
Serves 2 people
- 4 slices – Bread ( i used whole wheat bread)
- 1 no – Cucumber ( i used English cucumber)
- 2 to 3 tbsp – Thousand island sauce / mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper powder as needed
- Take bread slices and remove the edges. Take a tbsp of thousand island sauce / mayonnaise and spread evenly on one side of bread.
- Now chop cucumber into circles and place few of them on top of thousand island sauce as shown in the picture.
- Sprinkle little salt and pepper powder on cucumber slices and place other bread on top, press it slightly so that it gets sealed. Slice them into half or into triangles and serve.
- You can use any sandwich bread you want. I used whole wheat bread in this recipe.
- You can replace thousand island sauce with mayonnaise.
- Instead of cut cucumber into circles, you can grate it and mix it in mayonnaise, spread them on bread.
- You can also toast bread slices in a little butter and make sandwich.