Almond burfi or cake is a tasty sweet prepared with almonds. My friend Bhuvana prepares this burfi so well, i was wondering at the consistency she brings it every time. I have requested her to prepare this for me to share with you all in my blog. She happily came and prepared it for me, it came out well as she does every time. Thank you so much Bhuvana for your recipe and effort you put for this.
Almond Burfi recipe video
- 1 cup – Almond / Badam
- 2 1/2 cups – Sugar
- 2 pinches – Saffron
- 2 pinches – Cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup – Ghee
- 1/4 cup – Water
- Soak almond / badam in enough water for over night. Next morning, remove the skin from almonds and grind them in a mixer grinder along with saffron and enough water to a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Take a heavy bottom pan, add sugar, cardamom powder, 1/4 cup of water and bring to boil, wait until sugar dissolves. Simmer the stove to medium.
- Grease a plate to pour almond burfi mixture when done. You will not have time to do later as everything happens very fast.
- Now add ground almond paste to the sugar syrup, mix well. Keep stirring continuously to avoid any lumps. Let it cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add a tbsp of ghee in regular intervals and keep stirring continuously over medium flame until you see the mixture is getting less sticky and easy to stir. Continue stirring until the mixture is not sticky anymore. Consistency should be like mysore pak or as shown in the picture, switch off the stove.
- Pour this mixture in a greased plate and spread it with spatula. Allow them to cool for 7-8 minutes and then slice them into square or diamond shape. Remove from the plate and enjoy.
- Always keep the flame in medium or low.
- The overall process takes approximately 25 to 30 mins.
- For sugar syrup, there is no need for any consistency just dissolve it.
- The consistency of almond burfi will be same as mysore pak. Pour it immediately on greased plate and make slices after it cools down.