- 1/2 cup – Spilt green gram (paasi paruppu)
- 1 no – Onion(chopped finely or slice lengthwise )
- 1 no – Tomato(big)
- 3 to 4 – Green chili(slit open)
- 1 tsp – ginger (chopped finely)
- 1/4 cup – carrot (chopped finely)
- 1/4 cup – Beans (chopped finely)
- 1/4 cup – Potato (chopped finely)
- 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 2 stalk – Coriander leaves
- Salt – as needed
- Wash and cook spilt green gram (paasi paruppu ) in water until it turns mushy and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds,cumin,uluntham paruppu,curry leaves and asafetida.Then add onion,ginger and green chili fry till they are golden color.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, cover and cook for few minutes.Then add all the veggies (carrot,beans,potato) along with turmeric,1/2 cup water and salt.Let it cook completely .
- Finally add the cooked Paasi paruppu(moong dhal) along with water to adjust the desired consistency and cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with Idly or dosai.