Making different lunch for my little one is a big challenge for me. She loves to eat pizza. Recently when I went for grocery shopping I saw mini pita pocket. I got one and looked for some recipes to make a different dish out of it. Finally I decided to prepare pizza with this mini pita. It came out amazing and my daughter liked it very much. I am sure you too love this recipe.
Ingredients: Pita pizza
- 8 nos – Mini pita bread
- 1 no – Onion (sliced thinly)
- 1/2 no – Green capsicum (sliced thinly)
- 1/2 no – Red capsicum (sliced thinly)
- 1 cup – Homemade tomato sauce
- 1/2 to 1 cup – Cheddar or mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1 tbsp – Olive oil (for brushing pitas)
- 1 tsp – Crushed red chilli / chilli flakes (optional)
Ingredients: Tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp – Olive oil
- 2 1/2 no – Tomato (chopped finely)
- 1 no – Onion (chopped finely)
- 2 nos – Garlic (chopped finely)
- Salt and pepper powder as needed
Making of tomato sauce:
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onion, garlic along with little salt, saute until translucent.
- Then add chopped tomato,cover with lid and cook until mushy. Finally add needed salt and pepper powder, saute until oil separates. Switch off the stove and allow them to cool.
Making of pita pizza:
- Take a baking tray and spread a parchment paper over it, place mini pitas and brush them with olive oil on both sides.
- Now comes the arranging part, spread some tomato sauce evenly over the pita bread.
- Top it with sliced onions, green and red capsicums and shredded cheese. If you think you need extra salt and pepper, then add it before you add cheese. Finally sprinkle little chilli flakes on top (this is completely optional as kids may feel it spicy).
- Bake in preheated oven of 180 c (350 F) for roughly 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Simple and tasty mini pita pizzas are ready to serve.
- You can use toppings of your choice like mushrooms, pineapples, jalapenos etc.
- If you are not using parchment paper then you have to apply little olive oil over baking tray.
- I used both cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese in this recipe. But you can limit to one cheese.
- Instead making tomato sauce you can also use store bought pizza sauce or even tomato ketchup.