It is a tangy and spicy thuvaiyal made with green mango and coconut. Goes well with white rice, idly and dosai.
- 1 cup – Green mango (cubes)
- 1/2 cup – Coconut
- 5 nos – Dry red chilies
- 1 tbsp – Oil
- 1/4 tsp – Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp – Split black gram (ulunthu)
- Salt as needed
- Heat oil in a pan, fry dry red chili and keep it aside. In the same pan,fry green mango for few minutes and followed by coconut. Let everything cook completely.
- Allow the mixture to cool and grind it along with required salt to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds and split black gram. Add ground paste to it and fry for few seconds. Switch off the stove and serve hot with white rice.
- Dark green mango is required for this recipe.Otherwise thuvaiyal will taste slightly sweet.