French toast is a healthy breakfast item which can be prepared in no time. I feel it is a good alternate for bread with regular butter jam or peanut butter. Butter and brown sugar gives a nice aroma and taste to this French toast.
- 4 slices – Whole wheat bread
- 1 cup – Milk
- 1 no - Egg white
- 1/4 tsp - Vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp – Brown sugar(as needed)
- 1 tbsp – Butter (for toasting)
- Take a mixing bowl, add milk, egg white, vanilla essence and brown sugar. Mix everything well.
- Dip bread slices in the milk mixture prepared in the previous step.
- Heat butter in a pan, toast dipped bread slices to golden brown on both sides.
- Continue step 2 and 3 for the rest of the bread slices. Now your French toast is ready and serve hot.
- Do not soak the bread in the milk mixture for a longer time.
- You can replace brown sugar with your choice of honey, normal sugar or maple syrup.