Rava dosai is a simple, tasty and crispy dosai.There are different ways of making rava dosai and here is my way of doing it. Usually rava dosai batter does not need any fermentation but here in my version I ferment it for at least 1 hour before making rava dosai.
- 2 cups – Rice flour
- 1 cup – Rava (dry roast it)
- 1/4 cup – Maida
- 1 tsp – Curd
- 1 tsp – Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp – Pepper corns
- 1 no – Onion (big sized, chopped finely)
- 2 nos – Green chilies (chopped finely)
- 1 inch – Ginger (chopped finely)
- 2 tbsp – Coriander leaves (chopped finely)
- 1 tbsp – Curry leaves (chopped finely)
- 4 cups – Water (as needed)
- Salt as needed
- Heat a pan, dry roast rava to slightly golden brown and keep it aside.
- Take a wide bowl, add rice flour, roasted rava, maida, curd, salt, onion, green chilies, ginger, pepper corns, cumin seeds, coriander leaves, curry leaves and required water mix everything well together. The batter should be watery and flowing like buttermilk.
- Ferment flour mix for at least 1 to 2 hours. longer it stays, more crispy it is.
- Heat a tawa, take one ladleful of batter and spread by swirling the tawa. Drizzle ½ tsp of oil on the sides.Cook until it is crispy and golden in color on both sides. Serve hot with any chutney.