Egg curry prepared with onion tomato based gravy which is a best accompaniment with white rice and chappathi.
Serves 4 people
- 3 to 4 nos - Hard boiled eggs (slit open)
- 1 no - Onion (chopped finely)
- 1/4 tsp - Turmeric powder
- 1/2 to1 tsp - Red chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tsp - Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp - Garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp - Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp - Oil
- 10 nos - Small onion / sambar onion (chopped)
- 1 medium - Tomato (chopped)
- 1 tbsp - Oil
- 1/4 tsp - Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp - Split black gram / ulunthu
- 5 to 6 nos - Curry leaves (fresh)
- 1 pinch - Asafoetida
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped small onion and tomato, saute until they are well cooked. Allow them to cool completely and grind them to coarse paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, season with items given in the list for seasonings. Add chopped onion along with little salt, saute until they are transparent.
- Now add ground onion tomato paste and saute for few seconds. Then add all masala powder given in the ingredient list and saute until raw smell goes.
- Add 2 cups of water and required salt, bring it to boil. Cover with lid and cook until you reach desired consistency. Finally add hard boiled egg and chopped coriander leaves, switch off the stove and serve with hot rice.
- If you prefer, you can also cut eggs into 2 halves and add it to the curry.
- You can serve this yummy curry with roti or chappathi.