Gobi paratha / cauliflower paratha is a flavourful paratha with spiced cauliflower filling in it. It goes well with plain yogurt or any raita of your choice and pickle.
Yields: around 15 parathas
For making dough:
- 2 cups(heaped) – Wheat flour
- 1 tsp – Ghee
- 1 tsp – Oil for kneading
- Salt as needed
- Warm water as needed
For making cauliflower stuffing:
- 3 cups – Grated cauliflower ( i used 1 whole small cauliflower)
- 1 no – Onion
- 1 tsp – Ginger garlic crushed
- 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1/2 to 1 tsp – Red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp – Garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp – Chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 tsp – Lemon juice
- 1 pinch – Asafoetida
- Oil for sautéing
- Salt to taste
Making of cauliflower stuffing:
- Heat oil in a pan, season with cumin seeds and asafoetida. Add chopped onion and ginger garlic paste, saute until translucent.
- Now add grated cauliflower along with required salt, saute for few seconds and cover with lid. Allow them to cook for 6 or 7 minutes (by the time cauliflower would be 3/4 done).
- Next comes turmeric powder, red chilli powder and garam masala powder, saute until raw smell goes. Continue cooking until cauliflower is well cooked and all the moisture in the cauliflower is gone completely.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and lemon juice, mix well and switch off the stove. Allow them to cool completely and keep it aside.
Making of cauliflower paratha:
- Take a mixing bowl, add wheat flour, ghee, salt and warm water together to make a soft dough like we make for chappathi. Knead dough for few minutes and finally add oil once again knead it.
- Set the dough aside and cover it with a damp cloth/plate. Let the dough rest for at least 20 minutes.
- Make equal sized balls out of dough and cauliflower filling. Roll the dough into 3 inch diameter circles; place filling in the middle and cover completely with dough. Press lightly with your palm and dust with flour before rolling out into thick flat parathas. Continue the same process with rest of dough and filling.
- Heat a tawa, place parathas and cook both sides in medium flame. Drizzle little oil as needed, till golden brown. Serve hot with any raita and pickle.
- Allow the paratha dough to rest for atleast 20 mins.
- I used 1 whole small cauliflower in this recipe shown in the picture. Cut cauliflower into slightly big florets. Wash and soak cauliflower in hot water with salt, remove them and pat dry, grate it.