I am back home after a short trip to Quebec. On the way we visited Ottawa the capital city of Canada. Also while returning from Quebec city we have taken a city tour at Montreal, QC. The weather was good throughout the trip and we really enjoyed it. I would like to share some pictures soon.
Maa inji / Mango ginger is a plant of the ginger family and is closely related to turmeric. They are very similar to ginger but have a raw mango taste. They are used in making pickles in south India. Here comes the instant mango ginger pickle with simple ingredients.
- 1 cup – Maa inji / mango ginger ( chop in to circles)
- 3 or 4 nos – Green chilies (chopped finely)
- 1/2 tsp – Red chili powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp – Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp – Sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp – Mustard seeds
- 2 pinch – Asafoetida
- Peel the skin of the mango ginger using a peeler,wash it and pat dry.Chop it into thin circles or you can chop them finely or any of your choice.
- Take a wide bowl, add chopped mango ginger, green chillies, lemon juice, salt and red chilli powder; mix everything well.
- Season with the items given for seasoning, mix well and store in an airtight container in the fridge. Use after a day or two and serve with curd rice.
- Red chilli powder is totally an optional ingredient.