Rice cereal mixture is a crispy and spicy snack made with rice cereal and nuts. Best evening tea time snack and very simple to make recipe. Also it is a healthy choice as it is just pan fried with little oil.
- 1 cup - Rice cereal ( i used Kellogg's rice cereal)
- 4 tbsp - Roasted peanuts
- 3 tbsp - Roasted bengal gram
- 2 tbsp - Cashew nuts
- 1/8 tsp - Turmeric powder
- 1/8 tsp - Red chilli powder
- 10 nos - Fresh curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp - Oil
- Heat oil in a pan, add cashew, saute for few seconds. Always keep the flame in medium.
- Add curry leaves, followed by roasted bengal gram and peanuts along with turmeric powder and red chilli powder, saute until they are slightly golden brown.
- Now reduce flame to low, add rice cereal little by little and keep stirring until rice cereal is well coated with the turmeric and oil. Keep stirring continuously for 3 to 4 mins until rice cereal becomes crispy. Finally add required salt and mix well.
- Allow them to cool and store in airtight container for up to 1 week or more. Best tea time snacks.
- I used roasted peanuts here. If you have raw peanuts, add it as the first thing before adding cashew nuts.
- Increase or decrease the red chilli powder as per your spice level.
- Do not burn rice cereal by over frying.