Wish all my readers a very Happy and Prosperous New Year 2014.
Eggless cookies prepared with wheat flour and sliced almonds, which is very simple to make and takes very less time to cook. Kids will love this for sure.
Yields : 24 cookies
Preparation time : 15 mins
Baking time : 18 mins
- 1 cup - Wheat flour
- 1/4 cup - Sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup - Butter (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup - Sugar
- 1/4 tsp - Salt
- 1/2 tsp - Cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp - Milk (or as needed to knead dough)
- 24 nos - Almonds (for decoration) (completely optional)
- Take a mixing bowl, add wheat flour, sliced almonds, sugar, salt, cardamom powder, butter and mix well.
- Add milk little at a time to the flour mixture and make a soft dough. Divide dough into equal portions and make a balls, flatten them slightly with your palm. Place almonds in the middle as shown in the picture.
- Place them on a butter paper lined baking tray, making sure they are evenly spaced and have enough room to spread.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C, bake for 18 minutes. Look out for browning at the sides and bottom of the cookies.
- Remove the cookies carefully from the paper and place on wire rack, let it cool completely. Store it in an airtight container.
- Do not over bake cookies because it will become harder and also tastes bitter. So keep watching for cookies to brown after 10 mins.
- Do not crowd the baking sheet, cookies should have enough space to spread so leave atleast 2 inch space between cookies.
- My cookies were ready in 17 mins. After the first 10 mins of baking, rotate the baking sheet and bake for remaining minutes to ensure uniform browning. I got 24 cookies from the above recipe.
- You can replace almonds with walnuts or pistachios too.