Masala chaas is a mildly spiced buttermilk that is very good for digestion after heavy meal.There are many variations with this masala chaas like mint chaas, jeera chaas, beetroot chaas etc.
Serves 2 to 3 people
- 1 cup – Yogurt / curd
- 1/2 tsp – Ginger (chopped finely)
- 1 small – Green chilli (deseed it)(or add as needed)
- 4 or 5 nos – Fresh curry leaves
- 2 tbsp – Chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 tsp – Roasted cumin powder
- 2 to 3 pinches – Chaat masala powder
- Salt to taste
- Take a mixer grinder, add yogurt, ginger, green chillies, fresh curry leaves, coriander leaves, chaat masala powder, cumin powder and required salt, blend it well.
- Transfer it to a vessel, add 2 cups of water and mix well. Add water according to your wish.
- Serve cold by garnishing a pinch of chaat masala and roasted cumin powder on top.
- You can make variation in this recipe by adding little mint leaves while grinding.
- I wanted my chaas to be very thin, so i added 2 cups of water. If you prefer you can make it slightly thick.