Simple and basic tomato sauce that can be used for homemade pasta, pizza and even lasagna.
Ingredients: Yields 1 cup of sauce
- 2 nos – Tomato (bigger size, vine tomato is preferred)
- 3 nos – Garlic (chopped or crushed)
- 1/4 tsp – Dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp – Sugar
- Salt as needed
- Pepper powder as needed
- 1 tbsp – Oil
- Heat water in a pan, bring it to rolling boil and switch off the stove. Now add tomatoes (slit them) and allow them to sit for 5 mins. Then peel off the skin and chop them into big chunks, set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped or crushed garlic and saute until they are slightly golden brown in color.
- Next add pealed and chopped tomatoes, saute for few minutes. Then add sugar, dried oregano, required salt and pepper powder, saute until raw smell goes. Switch off the stove and allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Transfer sauteed tomatoes into a mixer grinder or blender and grind or pulse them to a coarse paste. Simple and yummy tomato sauce is ready.
- Do not grind the tomato mixture to a fine puree or fine paste. It should be coarse paste otherwise it wont look good.
- Juicy tomato is required for this recipe. I prefer using vine tomatoes or roma tomatoes for this recipe.