Crunchy munch snack prepared with dried chickpeas which is perfect for tea time. You can roast / bake them with any flavours or seasonings of your choice.
Serves: 4 people
- 1 cup - Dried chickpeas
- 1 tbsp - Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp - Kashmiri red chilli powder or paprika ( or add as needed)
- 1/4 tsp - Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp - Pepper powder (or add as needed)
- Salt as needed
- Wash and soak chickpeas in enough water for overnight or until well soaked.
- Pressure cook soaked chickpeas in enough water for 3 whistles. Drain water completely and make sure the chickpeas is dry. You can also use paper towel to dry it out.
- Preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C, mean while season chickpeas with olive oil, Kashmiri red chilli powder, pepper powder, garlic powder and required salt , give them a good mix.
- Spread out seasoned chickpeas on a lined baking tray and bake them for about 40 to 45 mins or until crisp and golden. Shake the pan after each 15 minutes for even cooking. Store in air tight containers and munch it any time.
- Keep them stored at room temperature in an air tight container. It will stay crispy and fresh for 2 days to 1 week depending on the outside temperature .
- Baking time differs depending on the oven you are using. Mine took 40 mins to cook completely.
- You can replace dried chickpeas with canned chickpeas. It saves time from soaking and cooking of dried chickpeas.
- You can season chickpeas with any seasonings of your choice like red chilli powder, garam masala, cumin seeds, fresh garlic etc.