- 1/4 kg – Yam/Senai kizhangu (Cut like finger chips pieces)
- 2 tbsp – Oil
- 1/4 tsp – Mustard seeds
- 5nos – Curry leaves
- 1 pinch – Asafoetida
- 6 to 7 clove - Garlic
- 1 tsp - Fennel seeds(perunjeeragam)
- 1 tsp – Peppercorns
- 1 tbsp – Red chili powder
- 1 tsp - Turmeric powder
- Salt as needed
- Cook yam pieces in water for 5 to 6 minutes (till they are 3/4th cooked). Drain the water and allow them to cool.
- Grind all the items given for grinding to fine paste with just enough water. Marinate yam pieces with ground masala for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan,splutter mustard seed,curry leaves and a pinch asafoetida. Add marinated yam pieces and fry nicely without stirring much; because too much stirring will break yam into pieces. Cook until oil separates then remove yam pieces alone and discard excess oil.