Egg in a bread cup is a quick and easy breakfast for kids that can be prepared in no time. My daughter is a picky eater but she had 1 bowl of egg in a bread cup completely and asking for one more. I hope you will experience the same.
- 1 slice - whole wheat bread
- 1/2 tsp – butter
- 1 tsp – Tomato ketchup
- 1 no – egg
- 2 tsp - chopped green capsicum
- 1 tsp - chopped mint and coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp – Mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Trim crust from bread, discard or save crust for another use. Take a large custard cup or ramekin (about 1 cup/250 mL size) and apply butter all over the cup.
- Press bread into custard cup. Apply tomato ketchup onto bread and sprinkle mint and coriander leaves, salt and pepper needed.
- Crack egg over top. Sprinkle green capsicum and cheese over egg. Microwave on High for 1 to 2 mins or until yolk is cooked as desired.
- Variations: Diced tomatoes, chopped fresh basil and diced green onion.
- I cooked this item in microwave for 1 min 20 seconds.