Bread pudding is prepared by baking bread in a custard milk mixture. I wanted to try this recipe for long time and only now it happened. It came out good and we all at home loved it.
- 4 nos – Bread (I used whole wheat bread)
- 2 cup – Milk (warm milk)
- 2 tbsp – Butter (at room temperature)
- 1 tbsp – Custard powder
- 3 nos – Eggs
- 3 tbsp – Brown sugar / white sugar
- 1 pinch – Cinnamon powder
- 2 drops – Vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp – Raisins
- Chop the bread into bite size pieces and keep aside.
- Take a mixing bowl, add warm milk, butter and mix well. Take custard powder in a small bowl and add enough milk to make a paste. Mix this custard mixture to milk mixture and keep aside.
- In another bowl, add eggs, cinnamon powder, vanilla essence, brown sugar and mix well nicely. Now add these egg mixture to the milk mixture, once again mix well.
- Take a baking pan and butter it slightly. Arrange half of the bread pieces in the pan and top it with little brown sugar and raisins. Then pour half of the milk mixture over it. Repeat the same process again with rest of the bread slices and see that bread is completely immersed in milk mixture.
- Preheat oven heat 350 F and bake this bread mixture for 40 to 45 mins or until you reach slightly golden brown color. Bread pudding is ready and serve cold.
- You can always replace brown sugar with our regular sugar or even with honey. But I prefer brown sugar of all because of its nice aroma.
- Butter will automatically dissolve in warm milk, so you need not worry about it.
- Vegans can omit the eggs and follow the rest of the process as it is.
- I used maple syrup for decoration.