Tomato kurma is a simple and tasty side dish that goes well with idly and dosai.
- 2 nos – Tomato (chopped finely)
- 1 no – Onion (chopped finely)
- 1 tsp – Ginger garlic crushed
- 1 no – Green chilli
- 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp – Red chilli powder
- 2 tsp – Coriander powder/dhania
- 1 tbsp – Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Salt as needed
- 2 to 3 tbsp – Coconut grated
- 1/4 tsp – Fennel seeds
- 1/4 tsp – Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp – Poppy seeds
- 4 or 5 nos – Cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp – Oil
- 1/4 tsp – Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp – Split black gram (ulunthu)
- Few curry leaves
- Grind items given “for grinding” to a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, season with items given for seasoning. Add onion, ginger garlic crushed, green chilli and little salt, saute until translucent or golden brown.
- Next add tomato and saute till massy. Then add all masala powders and saute till raw smell goes off.
- Add 1 1/2 to 2 cups of water, bring it to boil and cook for 5 mins. Finally add ground paste and cook for another 5 mins. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with idly or dosai.