Delicious paratha prepared with cabbage, potato and other spices. Serve with yogurt and pickle.
Other paratha recipes:
Yields: around 15 parathas
For making dough:
- 2 cups(heaped) – Wheat flour
- 1 tsp – Ghee
- 1 tsp – Oil for kneading
- Salt as needed
- Warm water as needed
For making cabbage stuffing:
- 1 tbsp – Oil
- 1/2 tsp – Cumin seeds / jeera
- 2 cups – Cabbage (chopped finely)
- 2 nos – Potato (boiled and mashed)
- 1 no – Onion (chopped finely)
- 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1/2 to 1 tsp - Red chilli powder ( or add as needed)
- 1/4 tsp – Garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp – Ajwain / Omam
- 2 tbsp – Coriander leaves chopped
- 2 pinches – Asafoetida
- Salt to taste
Making of cabbage stuffing:
- Heat oil in a pan, season with cumin seeds and asafoetida. Add chopped onion along with pinch of salt, saute for few seconds.
- Add chopped cabbage and mashed potato, saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, ajwain crushed and required salt, mix well.
- Do not cover the pan and cook till the water evaporates. Finally garnish with coriander leaves. Remove the stuffing from the pan and set it aside.
Making of green peas paratha:
- Take a mixing bowl, add wheat flour, ghee, salt and warm water together to make a soft dough like we make for chappathi. Knead dough for few minutes and finally add oil once again knead it.
- Set the dough aside and cover it with a damp cloth/plate. Let the dough rest for at least 20 minutes.
- Make equal sized balls out of dough and cabbage filling. Roll the dough into 3 inch diameter circles; place filling in the middle and cover completely with dough. Press lightly with your palm and dust with flour before rolling out into thick flat parathas. Continue the same process with rest of dough and filling.
- Heat a tawa, place parathas and cook both sides in medium flame. Drizzle little oil as needed, till golden brown. Serve hot with any raita and pickle.
- Allow the paratha dough to rest for atleast 20 mins.
- Use red chilli powder as per your spice level.