I used to cook different variety of pasta as my kid love just any pasta. I baked rotini pasta with roasted red bell pepper sauce and cheese on top. It was flavourful and tasted awesome.
- 1 cup – Rotini pasta
- 1 tsp – Olive oil
- 1/2 cup – Grated mozzarella and cheddar cheeses (any cheese of your choice)
- Salt as needed
For roasted red bell pepper sauce:
- 1 tbsp – Olive oil
- 1 no – Red bell pepper
- 1 no – Tomato (medium sized, chopped roughly)
- 3 nos – Garlic (chopped)
- 1/8 tsp – Dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp – Dried basil
- Pepper powder as needed
- Salt as needed
Making of roasted red bell pepper sauce:
- Wash and clean inner part of the red bell pepper, chop them as shown in the picture.
- Roast red pepper in grill (I used panini making grill) or oven for 5 to 7 mins or until well cooked. Allow them to cool and chop them into big chunks.
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped garlic and saute until they are slightly golden brown in color. Add chopped tomatoes and saute for few seconds.
- Add grilled, chopped red bell pepper and saute for few seconds. Then add dried oregano, dried basil, required salt and pepper powder, mix everything well and cook for a minute. Allow them to cool and grind them in a mixer grinder to a coarse paste. Roasted red bell pepper sauce is ready.
Baking of pasta:
- In a deep pan, heat water with a few drops of olive oil and bring it to a boil. Add rotini pasta along with enough salt and let it cook for 10 minutes or until it turns soft and firm. Now check the pasta and drain excess water using a colander and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan, pour in the roasted bell pepper sauce and bring it to boil. Add cooked rotini pasta and mix everything well together, cook for 2 minutes. Switch off the stove and transfer this to a baking tray ( i used square tray) and allow them to cool.
- Preheat oven 350 F or 180 C, meanwhile spread the grated cheese on the top of the pasta and get them ready.
- Bake them for 20 to 25 mins or until cheese gets melted or until the top turn to golden color and bubbling. Let it stand for 5 minutes before serving. Baked pasta with roasted red pepper sauce is ready.
- You can also use penne or ziti pasta in this recipe.
- You can replace mozzarella and cheddar cheese with parmesan cheese.
- While grinding for red pepper for sauce, grind it to a coarse paste not smooth paste.
- Do not over or under bake the pasta. Over baked pasta will be hard to chew while under baked pasta will be more sticky and raw.
- Baking time depends on the oven you use, mine took 25 mins to bake.