Pasta prepared with grilled tofu and vegetables, cooked in tomato based sauce. This is my favorite recipe of the summer and it is loaded with lots of vegetables.
Serves 2 to 3
- 1 cup – Rotini pasta
- 1 cup – Grilled tofu and vegetables
- 1 no – Onion (chopped finely)
- 2 clove – Garlic (chopped finely)
- 1/4 cup – Pasta sauce ( I used Ragu pasta sauce)
- 1/4 tsp – Italian seasonings
- 1/8 tsp – Sugar
- 1 tbsp – Olive oil
- Salt and pepper powder as needed
- Take a big vessel, heat water with few drops of oil and bring it to boil. Add rotini pasta along with little salt and let it cook for 10 minutes, until it turns soft and firm. Now check the pasta and drain excess water using a colander, keep it aside. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water for later use.
- Heat oil in a pan, add garlic and onion, saute until they are slightly golden brown in color. Followed by tomato sauce, Italian seasonings, pinch of sugar, salt and pepper powder, mix well and cook for minutes.
- Add reserved pasta water to the cooking tomato sauce, allow them to cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Followed by cooked pasta and grilled tofu and vegetables, mix well thoroughly. Check for salt and pepper powder, if needed add more. Grilled tofu and vegetable pasta is ready to serve.
- Do not over cook or under cook pasta otherwise pasta will lose its texture.
- You may use any colorful vegetables of your choice. I would suggest to use as many colorful vegetables as possible to make it very attractive to kids.
- I have used Ragu tomato sauce in this recipe. You may use plain tomato puree (just peel the skin of tomato and grind it).
- You may use any pasta variety of you choice.
Technorati Tags: Grilled tofu and vegetables recipe,Grilled tofu and vegetable pasta,pasta with grilled tofu and vegetables,pasta recipes.,international,kids delight,kids lunch box,Italian recipes,Italian pasta recipes,Vegetarian pasta recipes,vegetarian recipes,vegan.