Vegetable hakka noodles is a popular Indo-Chinese dish. It can be served plain or with a dish like vegetable manchurian or chilly mushroom or chilly paneer.
Serve 2 to 3
- 1 pack - Ching’s secret “Hakka veg noodles”
- 1 no – Onion ( sliced lengthwise)
- 1 1/2 tsp – Ginger garlic chopped finely
- 1/4 cup – Cabbage (shredded)
- 1/4 cup – Carrot (sliced lengthwise)
- 1/4 cup – Red or green capsicum (sliced lengthwise)
- 1/4 cup – Beans(chop as shown in picture)
- 1 1/2 tsp – Chilli garlic sauce
- 1 1/4 tsp – Tomato sauce / ketchup
- 1/4 tsp – Vinegar (white or apple cider)
- 1/4 tsp – Soya sauce
- 1/8 tsp – Sugar
- Salt and pepper powder as needed
- 2 tbsp – Spring onion (chopped finely)
- 1 tbsp – Olive oil
How to cook hakka noodles:
- Boil 10 cups of water in a large pan, let the water bubble. Drop the noodles along with 1tsp of oil, little salt and boil them for only 3 to 4 minutes or until it is 3/4 done.
- Make sure its not over cooked. Drain the noodles and wash it in cold water to remove the excess starch. Spread on a flat surface and toss in 1 or 2 tsp oil to prevent sticking.
Making of Vegetable hakka noodles:
- Heat oil in a pan, add ginger garlic chopped and saute for a few seconds or until they are slightly golden brown. Then add chopped onion and saute until they are translucent.
- Now add beans and saute for few seconds before you add other vegetables (because beans takes extra time to cook when compare to other vegetables). Followed by cabbage, carrot and red capsicum, saute until they are half cooked.
- Add chilli garlic sauce, tomato ketchup, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper powder as needed, mix well thoroughly.
- Finally add noodles and stir-fry on high flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Garnish with chopped spring onions and serve hot.
- Do not over cook noodles. Just cook for 3 to 4 mins and immediately show them in cold running water.
- You may increase or decrease quantity of chilli garlic sauce as per your spice level.
- No need to cook vegetables completely. Half or 3/4 cooked vegetable tastes good for hakka style noodles.