Tomato dates jam is a yummy jam prepared with tomatoes and dates that goes well as a side for spicy biryani. I have tasted this many times at my friend house and I fell in love with this jam. So I am very glad to share this yummy jam recipe to you. I am sure you too love this recipe.
- 2 nos – Tomato ( make a slit with knife)
- 2 nos – Dates (pitted)
- 3 to 4 tbsp – Sugar (as needed)
- 2 tbsp – Ghee
- 1 tbsp – Cashew nuts
- 1 pinch – Salt (optional)
- Heat water in a pan, bring it to rolling boil and switch off the stove. Now add tomatoes and allow them to sit for 5 mins. Then peel off the skin and chop them into big chunks, set aside.
- Transfer chopped tomatoes into a blender along with dates and pinch salt, grind them to a puree. Set aside.
- Heat a tbsp of ghee, roast cashew nuts until golden brown and set it aside. In the same pan, add pureed tomato dates and saute until raw smell goes.
- Add sugar and little ghee then and there, saute for few seconds. then add roasted cashew nuts and saute until you see glossy and it is no longer sticking to the bottom. This indicates that jam is done and serve with any biryani of your choice.
- You can adjust the level of sugar and ghee as per your taste.