A healthy laddu prepared with dates and few nuts. I used nuts like almonds, cashew nuts and pistachios. It takes very less time and few ingredients to prepare this healthy laddu. I have already posted few laddu recipes in my blog please have look at it here
Yields: 15 to 18 laddu's
- 10 nos - Dates ( i used medjool dates)
- 1 handful - Almonds
- 1 handful - Cashew nuts
- 1 handful - Pistachios
- 2 pinches - Cardamom powder
- 1 tsp - Ghee
- Remove seeds and chop the dates into a fine pieces, set aside.
- Heat a pan, dry roast almonds, cashew nuts and pistachios each separately until they are slightly golden brown. Allow them to cool completely and grind them to a coarse powder (as shown in the picture).
- Heat ghee in a pan, add finely chopped dates and cook on low flame until it turns soft about 1 or 2 mins. By the time dates will absorb all the ghee completely.
- Now add coarsely powdered nuts and mix well nicely, then switch off the flame. Allow the mixture to cool completely and make a gooseberry sized ball, store it in airtight container and refrigerate. Dates and nuts laddu is ready.
- You need soft dates to prepare this laddu. So i used medjool dates which is very soft and gentle.
- Since dates and nuts mixture is sticky, you may find it difficult to make laddu. If so then apply little ghee on your palm and then roll it to laddu.
- You can serve the dry fruits laddu immediately or store in an air tight container and refrigerate for later use.