Zucchini has lots of vitamin A, few calories, and it is simple to cook. I used to make sambar with zucchini and now I tried to make pasta with it, came out well.
- 1 cup – Elbow pasta
- 1/2 cup – Zucchini (sliced)
- 1 no – Onion (chopped finely)
- 1 no – Tomato (chopped finely)
- 1 tsp – Ginger garlic paste
- 1 pinch – Fennel seeds
- 1/8 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp – Red chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tsp – Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp – Garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp – Coriander and mint leaves chopped
- Salt as needed
- Any cheese for garnishing
- In a deep pan, heat water with a few drops of oil and bring it to a boil. Add pasta along with 1tsp salt and let it cook for 10 minutes or until it turns soft and firm. Now check the pasta and drain excess water using a colander; keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, place sliced zucchini (slice as shown in the picture) and fry until slightly golden brown. Set aside.
- In the same pan, season with fennel seeds and followed by onion, ginger garlic paste along with little salt, saute until translucent. Then add tomato and saute until mushy.
- Now add all masala powders given in the ingredient list and saute until raw smell goes. Add 1/2 cup water and cook for 5 -10 mins.
- Finally add cooked pasta and fried zucchini, mix well everything and cook for another 5 mins. Sprinkle coriander and mint leaves, switch off the stove. Serve hot with cheese on top.