Paniyaram is one of my favorite items. Trying varieties of paniyaram is a joy to me and also if you find a way to make your favorite item healthy then it is a double delight. I have already tried spinach paniyaram, egg paniyaram, oats kara paniyaram and now I tried paniyaram with whole wheat grain. It tasted awesome and irresistible.
- 2 cups – Whole wheat grain idly batter
- 1 no – Onion (chopped finely)
- 1 or 2 – Green chili (chopped finely)
- 1/4 inch – ginger (chopped finely)
- 1 tsp – Cumin seeds
- 4 nos – Curry leaves (chopped finely)
- 1 tbsp – Coriander leaves
- 1 pinch – Asafoetida
- Salt as needed
- Oil as needed for making paniyaram
- Take a wide bowl, add chopped onion, green chillies, ginger, coriander leaves, curry leaves, cumin seeds, asafoetida and required salt; Mix well.
- Finally add whole wheat idly flour and mix everything well together. Now paniyaram mix is ready.
- Heat paniyaram pan. Put 2 to 3 drops of oil in each hole; fill each hole with the batter and drizzle few drops of oil on the top. After 2 – 3 minutes, flip over to cook the other side. Once both sides turn golden brown, switch off the stove and serve hot with spicy chutney.