Eggless chocolate walnut brownies are prepared with all purpose flour, choco powder and walnuts. It is a low fat version of chocolate brownies which satisfies people who are healthy conscious and at the same time craving for chocolate brownies. I adapted this recipe from sizzlingtastebuds and prepared it with a slight variation. It came out very well and it was soft and moisture.
Ingredients: Yields 16 brownies
- 3/4 cup - All purpose flour
- 2 tbsp – Choco powder
- 1/2 tsp - Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp – Baking soda
- 1/4 cup – Sugar
- 1/3 cup or (5 tbsp+1 tsp) – Yogurt
- 2 tbsp – Butter (melted, room temperature)
- 4 tbsp - Olive Oil
- 5 tbsp – Milk (boiled but cooled)
- 1/4 tsp - Vanilla Essence
- 2 tbsp – Walnuts (chopped)
- 1 pinch – Salt
- Take a mixing bowl, add in all purpose flour, choco powder, baking powder, baking soda and a pinch salt , mix well and sieve them twice or thrice. Set it aside.
- In an another bowl, add butter, olive oil and sugar beat them nicely. Then add milk, yogurt, vanilla essence and mix them well again. Set it aside.
- Chop the walnuts finely. Dust them thoroughly with 1 tsp of all purpose flour and set it aside.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 180C / 350F. Grease the baking pan (square) with little butter or olive oil and dust them with little flour, set it aside.
- Now mix the dry ingredients (all purpose flour mix) and wet ingredients (yogurt sugar mixture), until you reach thick batter. Finally add half of the walnuts to this and mix well.
- Transfer this batter to the greased and floured baking pan. Sprinkle remaining walnuts on top and bake for 15 - 18 mins.You can check it by inserting tooth pick, it should come out clean.
- Allow them to cool in the pan at least 10 minutes then remove the brownies. Cut them into squares and enjoy yummy low fat brownies.
- You can increase or decrease sugar level as per your taste.
- Always melt butter and allow them to cool, then use it in any cake recipes.