Banana waffles are one of the most delicious waffles I have ever tried and tasted. When I saw nicely ripe bananas in my kitchen, the first thing came into mind was a pancake. But when I asked my daughter, she said waffles instead of pancakes. So I prepared waffles with bananas, this is one of those great breakfast dishes that appeals to the adults as well!.
Yields around 10 to 12 waffles
- 1 1/4 cup – All purpose flour
- 2 ripe – Bananas
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup – Milk (room temperature)
- 1 no – Egg
- 1 tsp – Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp – Cinnamon powder (optional)
- 1 tsp – Vanilla essence
- Salt as needed
- Preheat the waffle iron and meanwhile sieve all purpose flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder, and set it aside.
- Take a mixing bowl, add banana and mash it up nicely. Add sieved flour mixture along with salt, egg, vanilla essence. Slowly add milk little by little and mix well until combined. Do not over mix, its ok if there are a few lumps.
- Preheat the waffle iron and grease it with non stick cooking spray. Pour 1/2 cup of batter into a greased waffle iron and cook for about 2 to 4 minutes or until well cooked. Banana waffles are ready, serve it with maple syrup or any accompaniments of your choice.
- Since we are using mashed banana in this recipe( which gives enough moisture to the batter) and so we have to be extra caution while adding milk.
- Waffle takes more time to cook, you have to wait for perfectly cooked waffle. Also the making time depends on the waffle maker you are using.