Pav bhaji is a maharashtrian fast food dish that originated from Mumbai. Bhaji the spicy blend of vegetables and the bun what a combination. I love this combo. I used to prepare this bhaji for chappathi.
- 1 packet (12 nos) - Pav buns (as needed)
- 2 tbsp – Butter
- 1 no – Onion (chopped finely)
- 1 no – Tomato (chopped finely)
- 1 tsp – Ginger garlic paste
- 1 no – Green chilli (chopped finely)
- 2 nos – Potato (chopped finely)
- 1 no – Carrot (chopped finely)
- 6 nos – Beans (chopped finely)
- 1/4 cup – Green peas
- 2 tsp – Pav bhaji masala (I used MTR brand)
- 1 tsp – Red chilli powder (as needed)
- 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp – Lemon juice (as needed)
- Salt as needed
- Onion and coriander leaves for garnishing (chopped finely)
- Pressure cook chopped potato, carrot and beans, turmeric powder, enough water and salt, until well cooked. Allow them to cool and then mash it well, set aside.
- Heat butter in a pan, add onion, green chilli and ginger garlic paste, saute until translucent. Add green peas and cook until 1/2 done. Then add tomato saute until mushy.
- At this stage add pav bhaji masala, red chilli powder and required salt, saute until raw smell goes. Then add mashed vegetables and 1/4 cup water, cover with lid and cook until everything is well cooked. When you reach desire consistency, switch off the stove.
- Garnish with chopped onion and coriander leaves, lemon juice as needed.
- Toast the pav bun with little butter then spread enough bhaji in the middle and enjoy it.
- You can add any vegetables of your choice like capsicum, cauliflower etc.