Serving size: 4
- 1 cup – Instant Oats
- 1/2 cup – Split green gram(paasi paruppu)
- 2 clove – Chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp –Chopped ginger
- 1 tsp – Ghee
- 3 1/2 cups – Water (as needed)
- Salt as needed
- 2 tbsp – Butter
- 1 tbsp – Oil
- 1 tbsp – cumin seeds
- 1 ¼ tsp – Peppercorns
- 10 nos – Curry leaves
- 10 nos – Cashew nuts
- 1 pinch – Asafoetida
- Wash and soak spilt green gram for at least ½ hr.
- Pressure cook Oats and spilt green gram along with chopped garlic,ginger,salt and ghee in 3 1/2 cups of water over medium flame for up to 1 or 2 whistle. Keep it aside.
- Heat butter and oil in a pan add cumin seeds, peppercorns, curry leaves and a pinch asafoetida. Once it splutters add this seasoning along with the fried cashew nuts to the cooked oats and spilt green gram mixtures. Mix well to blend and finally add little ghee on top before serving.
- Serve hot with sambar and coconut chutney.
- I used instant oats in this recipe.You can also use rolled oats instead of instant oats with same ratio.
- Use only low flame or medium flame to cook.