Simple salad with black eyed peas and corn kernels, onion, tomato, red bell pepper with lime dressing. Healthy salad that can satisfy large crowds.
- 1 cup – Black eyed peas
- 1/2 cup – Corn kernels (frozen or fresh)
- 1 no – Tomato (chopped)
- 1 no – Onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup – Red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp – Coriander leaves for garnishing
- 1 tbsp – Olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp – Lime juice (as needed)
- 1 no – Garlic (roasted and minced)
- Salt and pepper powder as needed
- Pressure cook black eye peas until well cooked. Set side.
- Cook corn kernels in enough water until well cooked. Set side.
- Roast red bell pepper, onion and garlic in a panini making grill for 3 to 4 mins (as shown in the picture) or until 3/4 done. No need to cook them completely. Allow them to cool and chop them finely. Set side.
- Now coming to dressing, take a small bowl, add in olive oil, lime juice, minced garlic, salt and pepper powder, mix well together and set side.
- Take a large mixing bowl, add in cooked black eyed peas, corn kernels, chopped tomato, red bell pepper, onion and coriander leaves, gently mix well everything together.
- Finally pour the dressing on top before serving and once again mix well, serve immediately.
- You can completely avoid step no:3, instead you can use everything raw red bell pepper, onion and even garlic.