Curry leaves chutney is prepared with fresh curry leaves, small onion and garlic. I have already posted curry leaves chutney with coconut and curry leaves garlic chutney. This is another version of curry leaves chutney without coconut and it came out very well.This chutney is a best combo for Idly and dosai.
- 1 cup – Fresh curry leaves (washed thoroughly)
- 1/4 cup – Garlic (peel skin)
- 1/4 cup – Small onion / sambar onion (peel skin)
- 1 or 2 nos – Dry red chillies (as needed)
- 1 no – Tamarind (blueberry sized)
- Salt as needed
- 1 tsp – Oil (for sautéing)
- 2 tsp – Sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp – Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp – Split black gram / Ulunthu
- 1 pinch – Asafoetida
- Heat oil in a pan, add sambar onion and garlic, saute until there are slightly golden brown in color. Then add red chillies, tamarind piece, finally add fresh curry leaves, saute until raw smell goes. Allow them to cool.
- Transfer sauteed curry leaves mixture into a mixer grinder. Allow them to cool and grind sauteed items along with required salt to a smooth paste (you can add water to grind it).
- Heat oil in a pan, season with items given in the list for seasoning. Add ground curry leaves paste and saute for 5 to 7 mins. Switch off the stove and serve hot with idly or dosai.
- While grinding you can add little water or enough water to grind them to a smooth paste.