Happy Women’s day
Dates are one of the most popular fruits packed with an impressive list of essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals that are required for normal growth, development and overall well-being.Walnuts are rich source of energy and contain health benefiting nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that are essential for optimum health. Especially they are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, Vitamin E etc.
I prepared this cake with dates and walnuts which tasted awesome. One of my friend tried this cake at home referring an online recipe and she was greatly impressed by the taste. She was insisting me to try and post the recipe in my blog.
- 1 cup - All purpose flour
- 18 to 20 nos - Seedless dates
- 3/4 cup – Milk (warm it)
- 3/4 cup – Sugar
- 1/2 cup – Butter (melted, room temperature)
- 1 tsp – Baking soda
- 1/4 cup – Chopped walnuts
- Soak seedless dates in warm milk for 10-12 mins. Then grind it along with sugar in a mixer grinder until smooth, set aside.
- Take a mixing bowl, add in all purpose flour, baking soda, chopped walnuts, melted butter, ground milk dates mixture and mix everything well together to a smooth batter.
- Preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C. Meanwhile grease cake pan with butter or olive oil and pour the batter to the cake pan. Bake it for 30 - 35mins. It took 32 mins for me to get this cake done.
- You can check it by inserting tooth pick, it should come out clean. Allow the cake to cool in the pan at least 15 minutes before removing them. Eggless dates and walnut cake is ready, slice them and serve.
- You can replace melted butter with canola oil or any other oil.
- Depends upon the color and quality of the dates, the color of the cake will vary. I used ordinary brown seedless dates for this cake. You can also use black dates for this recipe.
- You can soak the dates in warm milk overnight (I just heat the milk and added seedless dates in it, soak for few minutes) or you can microwave them so that dates becomes soft and it will be easy while grinding.