Today’s recipe is my 400th post in this blog and a big THANK YOU for all your support for the last one and half years. Rice flour laddu/ Arisi maavu urundai is one of my favourite laddu which my mom used to prepare very often. As we did not have mixer grinder during my childhood she prepares rice flour using a wooden pestle and stone mortar (ulakkai and ural). I got peanut laddu and rice flour laddu recipe from my mom and i prepared it for very first time using mixer grinder. It tasted as good as my mom`s preparation. Here comes the recipe for yummy rice flour laddu or arisi maavu laddu.
- 1 cup – Raw rice
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup – Sugar (or use as needed)
- 2 nos – Cardamom
- 3 tbsp – Coconut grated (optional- i did not use it)
- 2 tbsp – Ghee
- Soak raw rice in enough water for 1/2 to 1 hour and drain water completely. Grind them in a mixer grinder along with cardamom seeds to a fine powder and sieve the flour, set aside.
- Take a mixing bowl, add freshly ground rice flour, enough sugar, coconut grated (if using it) and ghee, mix well together. Check for sugar at this stage, if needed add more.
- Press with your hands as shown in the picture. Allow them to stay for 15 to 20 mins then make small sized balls. Store it in an airtight container.
- I did not add grated coconut in this recipe because you cannot keep the laddu for longer duration. But in the original recipe coconut was used as it adds nice flavour to the laddu.
- Increase or decrease the quantity of sugar as per your taste.