Vendakkai / ladies finger / okra is a good provider of good bacteria called the probiotics. Probiotics helps in biosynthesis of vitamin B. They also help in proliferation just like the yogurt. It can be applied to hair as the last rinse to make your hair bounce.
- 20 nos – Ladies finger/ vendakkai / okra (chopped)
- 1 no – Onion (chopped finely)
- 1 no – Tomato (chopped finely)
- 1 tsp – Ginger garlic paste
- 1 no – Green chili ( chopped)
- 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp – Red chili powder (as needed)
- 2 tsp – Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp – Garam masala powder
- Salt as needed
- Oil for deep frying (vendakkai)
- 1 tbsp – Oil
- 1/4 tsp – Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp – Split black gram
- 1/4 tsp – Cumin seeds
- 4 or 5 nos – Curry leaves
- Wash ladies finger and clean them with paper towel. Chop them into bite size pieces and deep fry them in oil for few minutes(color of vegetable should not change). Do not over cook them. Keep it aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, season with items given for seasoning. Add onion and green chili saute until transparent and then add ginger garlic paste saute for few seconds.
- Add chopped tomatoes along with required salt and saute until tomatoes are well cooked. Next add all masala powders given in the list and saute until raw smell goes off.
- Add deep fried ladies finger and mix everything well together. If needed sprinkle little water; cover with lid and cook until well cooked. Serve hot with rice and chappathi.
- You can shallow fry ladies finger instead of deep fry.