Slightly sweet and spicy curry prepared with sweet corn kernels and other spices. You may serve this yummy curry with chappathi, pulao etc.
Serves 3 to 4
- 2 cups – Sweet corn kernels
- 1 no – Onion (chopped finely)
- 1 no – Tomato (chopped finely)
- 1 tsp – Ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp – Red chilli powder ( or add as needed)
- 1 tbsp – Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp – Garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp – Kasuri methi / dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 tbsp – Coriander leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- 5 to 6 nos – Almonds
- 5 tbsp – Milk
- 1 tbsp – Oil
- 1/4 tsp – Cumin seeds / jeera
- 1 or 2 nos – Green chillies (chopped)
- Soak almonds in a warm milk for 15 to 20 minutes and grind it to fine paste along with milk, set it aside.
- Cook sweet corn kernels in enough water along with required salt until well cooked and set it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, season it with cumin seeds and green chillies. Add chopped onion and ginger garlic paste along with little salt, saute until translucent. Add chopped tomato and saute until mushy.
- Now add all masala powders – turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder, saute until raw smell goes.
- Add cooked sweet corn kernels along with 1 cup of water, cover with lid and cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Then add almond paste along with required salt, until you reach desired gravy consistency. Sprinkle kasuri methi and coriander leaves, switch off the stove and serve hot with chappathi or pulao.
- You may increase or decrease the quantity of red chilli powder as per your spice level.
- I ground almonds along with skin, if you prefer you may remove skin by soaking almonds in warm water and then grind it with milk.