Moong dal kheer prepared with homemade moong dal kheer mix, which is very simple and very yummy.
- 2 cups - Milk
- 2 tbsp - Moong dal kheer mix
- 4 tsp - Sugar or add as needed
- 5 nos - Cashew nuts
- 1 tsp - Ghee
- Few strands of saffron (optional)
- Heat ghee in a pan, roast cashew nuts until they are slightly golden brown in color. Keep it aside.
- Take a small bowl, add moong dal kheer mix and 4 tbsp of warm milk, mix well so that no lumps are found. Set it aside.
- Take a vessel, add milk and bring it to boil. Add moong dal kheer mixture, sugar and saffron strands to the boiling milk, mix well and cook until they are slightly thick or until they reach desired consistency.
- Add roasted cashew nuts and switch off the stove. Simple and yummy moong dal kheer is ready and serve cold.
- You can increase or decrease moong dal kheer mix as per the consistency you prefer.
- Add sugar as per your taste.