Paneer vegetable kurma is a simple gravy prepared with paneer and vegetables cooked in coconut gravy. It is a good combo for chappathi.
- 1/2 cup – Paneer cubes
- 1 no – Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 no – Tomato (finely chopped)
- 4 or 5 nos – Green chilies
- 1 tsp – Ginger garlic paste
- 1 no – Carrot (chop into circles)
- 1 handful – Green peas
- 1/4 cup – Beans
- 1 tbsp - Coriander leaves (chopped finely)
- Salt as needed
- 1/4 cup - Coconut grated
- 1/2 tsp - Fennel seeds
- 1/4 tsp – Cumin seeds
- 1 no – Cardamom
- 1/4 tsp – Poppy seeds
- 3 or 4 nos – Cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp – Oil
- 2 nos – Cloves
- 1 small – Cinnamon stick
- Heat oil/ghee in a pan, fry paneer till slightly golden brown, remove from heat and drain excess oil in a tissue. Soak in water and set aside.
- Grind all the items given in the list for grinding to a smooth paste, set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, season with items given for seasoning. Add onion, ginger garlic paste, green chillies and required salt, saute until translucent. Followed by tomato saute until mushy.
- Now add all the veggies in the ingredient list and saute for few minutes. Add 2 cups water and cook vegetables until 3/4 done.
- Finally add ground coconut paste and cook until raw smell goes. Then add fried paneer and cook for another 2 or 3 mins or until kurma thickens. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with chappathi.