Almonds are rich in vitamins and minerals that help build a healthy heart, especially vitamin E. And these little nutrient nuggets are cholesterol free. Since cholesterol is a major risk factor for heart disease, adding almonds to your diet is a great way to keep that risk under control.
Oatmeal is low in saturated fat and very low in Cholesterol and Sodium. It is also a good source of Dietary Fiber, Thiamin, Magnesium and Phosphorus, and a very good source of Manganese.
Split green gram/ Paasi paruppu is high in protein and is considered to be a good diet for weight loss.
Pistachios are more than just delicious, they’re also seriously nutritious. Just one serving offers a variety of different vitamins, minerals and other nutrients.
I made this laddu with the combination of these healthy ingredients. It tastes awesome and very healthy sweet too. I am sure that you love this laddu.
- 1 cup – Almonds
- 1/2 cup – Oats (I used instant oats)
- 1/2 cup – Split green gram/Paasi paruppu
- 1/4 cup – Pistachios
- 1/2 to 1 cup – Sugar
- 4 or 5 nos – Cardamom
- 2 tbsp – Ghee (hot ghee)
- Heat a pan, dry fry almonds, oats, split green gram and pistachios each separately to a golden brown color. You have to be very careful while frying because it should not get burnt. Allow them to cool.
- Grind fried items each separately in a mixer grinder to a smooth powder. Same way grind sugar and cardamom to a smooth paste.
- Transfer all ground items to a mixing bowl and mix well. Now heat ghee and add it to the powder and sugar mix. Mix it with a spoon and make small balls (lemon sized)while the heat is endurable(tolerable or bearable).
- Now tasty and healthy laddu is ready.This will stay for a week or two if you store it properly in an airtight container.
- It is important that you have to fry all ingredients properly. You shouldn’t burn any ingredient.
- While grinding almond and pistachios you will notice it is little sticky this helps you to make balls properly.