Barley dosai is prepared by grinding soaked barley along with idly rice and whole black ram. Barley is very good for lowering bad cholesterol, it has lot of fiber, it helps reduce blood sugar level, good for weight loss etc. I prepared dosai with this nutritious grain and here comes the recipe.
- 2 cups – Barley
- 1 cup – Idly rice
- 2 tbsp – Whole black gram without skin / Ulunthu
- 1/4 tsp – Fenugreek seeds
- Salt as needed
- Wash and soak barley, idly rice and whole black gram along with fenugreek seeds each separately for 6 hours or overnight.
- Grind barley along with whole black gram and fenugreek seeds in a mixture grinder to a smooth batter. Finally add idly rice and once again grind them to a dosa batter consistency. Add enough salt and mix well, ferment this batter for upto 4 hrs or until well fermented.
- Heat a tawa, take a ladle full of batter and spread it like normal dosai. Drizzle some oil around the sides and cook both sides till golden brown. Serve hot with any spicy chutney.
- Barley dosai batter takes very less time to ferment, so check in between whether is done or not. Otherwise batter will be over fermented.