I had never tasted this recipe before. First time I tried this recipe and it came out really well. So I thought of posting this recipe in my blog.
- 1 or 2 nos- Drumstick
- ¼ cup – Spilt green gram( Moong dal/paasi paruppu)
- 1 tsp – Red chili powder
- ¼ tsp - Turmeric powder
- 1 no -Tomato (chopped)
- Salt as needed
- Water as needed
- 3 tbsp –Coconut grated
- ¼ tsp - Rice flour
- 1 tbsp – Oil
- 1 tsp – Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp – Spilt black gram(Urad dal/ulutham paruppu)
- 1 tsp – Cumin seeds (seeragam)
- 4 or 5 nos – Curry leaves
- 2 tbsp - Chopped Sambar onion
- 2 pinches – Asafoetida
- Wash and cut drumstick into long pieces and keep it aside.
- Pressure cook Spilt green gram, tomato, turmeric and red chili powder with enough water for up to 2 whistles. Add drumstick to it along with salt and again pressure cook for just 1 whistle. Remove from stove immediately.
- Grind coconut and rice flour with little water and add to cooked drumstick and split green gram mixture and bring it to boil approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season with the items given for seasoning and mix well .
- Now murungakkai poricha kuzhambu is ready. Serve hot with white rice.
- If you are not comfortable with pressure cooking, then you can just cook directly in a vessel instead of pressure cooking.