Chocolate cake balls is prepared from leftover vanilla cake along with icing sugar, butter and melted chocolate. Kids will love this yummy chocolate cake balls for sure.
Yields: 8 to 9 balls
- 1 1/2 cup – Crumbled vanilla cake ( i used leftover cake)
- 1 tbsp – Icing sugar
- 1 to 2 tbsp – Melted butter
- 3 to 4 tbsp – Melted chocolate ( or add as needed)
- 1 or 2 tbsp – Cocoa powder for decoration
- Sprinkles for decorating (optional)
- Take a mixer grinder, add leftover cake and blend it to coarse powder. Transfer this to a mixing bowl, add crumbled cake or powdered cake, icing sugar, melted butter and melted chocolate, mix well to a soft pliable dough.
- Refrigerate dough for 10mins and then make lemon sized smooth balls out of the dough, keep it aside.
- Finally roll the cake balls in cocoa powder and then in colorful sprinkles, serve immediately.
- You can increase or decrease icing sugar, butter, melted chocolate to bind it together as a dough.
- I used leftover eggless vanilla cake which was a day old, so i used blender to blend it. If you use fresh vanilla cake then no need to use blender. You can use your hand to crumble the cake.
- You can use any sprinkles of your choice or you can eat as it is without any sprinkle.
- You can either prepare it with egg or eggless cake.
- I did not shown how to make melted chocolate here. You can either melt it on stove top using double boiler method or microwave.
- If you are not going to have this cake balls immediately, you can refrigerate it and have it later. But cake balls become very hard to eat.